Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Words and Thoughts

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14)

Our Savior said that we would give an account for even our idle words. (Matthew 12:36) This is not speaking of just having a casual conversation with a neighbor, but it is telling us that we must guard what we say even in idle talk. The Psalmist said he wanted his idle talk to be pleasing to God.

The Proverbs tell us to, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” (Proverbs 4:23)  I heard someone say, “We may not be what we think we are, but what we think, we are.” The Bible says He knows our thoughts afar off.

The reason the psalmist guarded what he said and what he thought is because of the reverence he had for the LORD: my strength and my redeemer. Do what you say and think meet the approval of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment