Thursday, May 24, 2018

No Greater Joy

“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” (III John 4)

It makes parents happy knowing their children are successful in business or that they are employed in a well paying job and that they have a good work ethic. It is good to know that they are not lazy and that they are industrious.

But there is a greater joy, and that is to know our children walk in the truths of God’s word. To know they are saved and walk with Jesus is a greater joy.

There is a joy as great as the others. Gaius must have been one of John’s children in the faith. Gaius must have been walking with Jesus in the truth. I look back across the years and see some people whom I have led to faith in Christ and discover they are walking in truth. I have no greater joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment