Friday, May 11, 2018

The Caring Christ

“Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.” (I Peter 5:7) 

Our lives have a tendency to become full of worry and anxiety. We don’t know where to turn as we worry over finances, health, family and a host of other cares.

Our Lord gives the invitation, “Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) Many similar invitations are found in the Bible. I think of Paul’s instruction to the church of Philippi when he said in Philippians 4:6, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God.” The word, “casting,” is to be found with the people casting their garments on the donkey on which Jesus would ride into Jerusalem. The idea is to cast all your cares on Him because He always keeps on caring for you.

 I heard of an old fellow who was reluctantly riding in an airplane for the first time. When they landed someone asked him, “How did you like your plane ride?” He answered, “Well, it was o.k. I guess. But I never did put all my weight down.”

Put all your weight of cares down on Him because He is able to deliver you safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment