Sunday, May 13, 2018

In Her Tongue is the Law of Kindness

“She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.” (Proverbs 31:26)

When my mother died my siblings and I were thinking of something to put on her tombstone. The little clichés seemed too trite. We chose this verse in Proverbs and it is engraved there for all to see. She never spoke in an unkind way to any of us. She was the mother who set the example for all to follow. If you had a Godly mother you can probably find a verse in the “virtuous woman” passage in Proverbs 31 that fits her.

The other woman in my life is my sweet wife. When I first met her she was about fourteen years old and teaching a room full of wiggly four and five year old children. She and I have been blessed with two children, five grand-children and two great granddaughters. As Proverbs states, “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” (Proverbs 31:28) I can only imagine where I would be without those two precious women in my life to encourage me and pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment