Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Weeds in your Prayer Path

“I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; and, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone was thereof was broken down.” (Proverbs 24:30-31)

When I was a child I enjoyed watching Ma and Pa Kettle and their laid back ways of living. Almost every show had Pa Kettle going through the front yard gate. It would fall off the one hinge that held it. Then he would look at it, scratch his head and say, “I’m gonna fix that thing one of these days.” But it never got fixed.

I knew someone who had a rock fence around the front yard. It was completely gone in some places, rocks were scattered. In the same community there was a man who did not allow one little weed or unwanted bush to grow in the fence row.

I read of a discouraged missionary serving the Lord in a foreign land. He was talking to his supervisor about his discouragement. The supervisor said, “I noticed that there are weeds growing in the path that leads to your place of prayer. Have you gotten too busy to pray, or are you just neglecting your prayer time?”

How does your prayer path look? Is it grown over with weeds? Don’t be too slothful to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment