Sunday, January 7, 2018

Forgiveness of Sins

“…In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins…”
(Colossians 1:14)

Several years ago I was approached by some cult members in my driveway. A spokesman for the group was telling me all the good things about his religion. I asked him how long he had been a member of that organization. Then I asked him if he were doing all the things required by his organization to go to heaven when he died. “I think so. I hope so,” he said.

I asked, “What about your sins you committed before you joined your organization. Has anything been done about those?” He had no answer. When I started sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ the others all said to him, “Get in the car. Let’s go.”

Organizations cannot save or forgive sins. No church can save or forgive sins. Religion cannot take us to heaven or wash away our sins. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse us from our past, present and future sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment