Sunday, January 3, 2016

Tomorrow?

“Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.”(Proverbs 27:1)

I’m not sure if the revelers last Thursday evening were celebrating because the year 2015 was gone, or because 2016 had arrived, or a little bit of both. I suspect that many of them did not know why they were celebrating.

I am sure of one thing put to music by a writer many years ago, 

     “I don’t know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day, 
          I don’t borrow from its sunshine for its skies may turn to gray. 
     I don’t worry o’er the future, for I know what Jesus said, 
          and today I’ll walk beside Him, for He knows what is ahead. 
     Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand; 
          but I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand.” 
               (Copyright, 1950 by Ira Stamphill)

Live every day with Jesus. Let Him be your Savior and constant companion. Don’t say “I’ll do it tomorrow.” Tomorrow is too uncertain. Take care of that major decision today, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment