Saturday, March 18, 2017

When Jesus Prayed for You and Me

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.” (John 17:20)

Jesus’ followers in His day wrote much of the New Testament as we know it. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote the four gospels which tell of His birth, sinless life, opposition, miracles, death burial and resurrection. Peter, Jude, James and Paul wrote the outline for the churches. Luke wrote in the Book of the Acts of the Apostles the progress of the churches in the first century.

We believers today believe on Him through their oral and written word. In the Lord’s Prayer He prayed for us. He continues to pray for us as our High Priest making intercession for us at the right hand of the Father. Others today and in succeeding generations will believe on Him through our word if we tell them.

2 comments:

  1. Brother this is a great word. I am thankful that Jesus prayed for us. I know that if the Lord had not prayed for us we would not be here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful that He prayed way back then, but I'm thankful that He continues to pray for us today.

    ReplyDelete