Sunday, March 5, 2017

Old and Grayheaded

“Now also when I am old and grayheaded, Oh God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.”
 (Psalm 71:18)

We should not mind the accompanying signs of old age, such as our hair turning gray, wrinkled skin, bad eye sight and being hard of hearing as long as we know that God will not leave us nor forsake us. He has made this promise to His children and He has never broken a promise.

The psalmist said he wanted to show God’s power to everyone who is to come after him. That’s a good request.

An old man was building a bridge across a stream. Someone asked, “Old man, why are you building that bridge. You’ve crossed this stream and you will never come this way again.” The old man answered, “It is true, I have passed this way before and will never cross this stream again. But, I’m not building this bridge for me. I am building it for that fair haired boy that will be coming this way soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment