Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Amazing Sufficiency of God’s Grace

“And He said unto me, ‘My grace is sufficient for thee…’” (II Corinthians 12:9)

The subject of the grace of God is inexhaustible. When I tell you that this is my last devotional in this series on the subject, ‘Why is grace so amazing’ I am in no way implying that this is all that can be said about grace.

From Titus 2:11-14 we found that the Source of grace is amazing, the salvation it brings is amazing, as is its scope or reach, the separation from sin which grace teaches is amazing, and the Savior whose return we anticipate is amazing.

Today, allow me to say a few words concerning the amazing sufficiency of God’s grace. In our text Paul is telling us about his thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan, which buffeted him. He prayed three times that God would take it away. God’s response was, “My grace is sufficient.”

We do not know what Paul’s thorn in the flesh was. Perhaps his thorn in the flesh was identical to yours. God’s grace is sufficient to see us through our trials, difficulties, sicknesses, sorrows and disappointments. When you have walked away from the grave of a loved one and your heart is broken, trust Him. His Grace is amazingly sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment