Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Has Your Faith Found a Resting Place?

“Thou, which hast showed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.” (Psalm 71:20)

When reading this verse one is reminded of the patriarch, Job. God allowed Satan to afflict him with loss of children, loss of wealth and loss of health. It was Job that asked the question, “If a man dies, shall he live again?  He then answered his question saying, “For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.” (Job 14:14; 19:25-27)

This truth is spelled out in detail in the New Testament and guaranteed by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The atheist, the skeptic and the non-believer see death as a hopeless end. The Christian, with faith resting in Jesus, sees death as an endless hope.

The aged psalmist’s faith, along with Job and countless other Old Testament saints, rested in Jesus Christ as they looked forward to the coming Messiah who would one day come as the sacrificial Lamb of God and the resurrected living Redeemer. The Christian can truthfully and enthusiastically sing, “My faith has found a resting place…”

No comments:

Post a Comment