Saturday, April 28, 2018

Urgency

“I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.”(John 9:4) 

All Jesus had were thirty-three years. Only three and one-half of those would He be able do the work that God had sent Him to do. He had made a similar statement about being about His Father’s business when He went to the temple with His mother and Joseph when He was twelve years old. “…Wist ye not, or do you not know, that I must be about my Father’s business.” (Luke 2:49)

There is an urgency in the word, “must.” When Nicodemus, the ruler of the Jews came to Jesus one night to discuss the way of salvation Jesus said, “Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.” (John 3:7) I must work while it is day. It sounds rather agricultural. Said one farmer to another, “I have hay on the ground and I must get it up before dark. I can’t leave it out because it might rain on it.” Jesus said He must work in the daylight hours.

The end of the daylight hours for our opportunities is fast approaching. Be saved while you have the opportunity. Serve the Lord before darkness comes. My brother had a sign that read, “Only one life, twill soon be past; only what’s done for Christ will last.” Don’t let the daylight of opportunities blind you to the urgency of God’s call.

No comments:

Post a Comment