Friday, April 20, 2018

The Door to Eternal Life

“I am the door: by me if any man enters in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” (John 10:9)

Jesus is the door into the sheep-fold. In times past the shepherd would lie down across the opening into the sheep-fold and would literally become the door, keeping the predators out and the sheep in. He was the door.

Jesus is the door. I remember a song we sang in elementary school (before it was against the law to read the Bible, pray or sing Christian songs at school), usually before first period. It went something like this: “One door and only one, and yet its sides are two; I’m on the inside, on which side are you?”

I entered the fold at an early age. I can’t say I have always been a good Christian. On the contrary, too often I have been a black sheep. But the Good Shepherd has never stopped loving and caring for this sometime wayward sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment