Thursday, April 12, 2018

Stand Still

“…but stand thou still a while, that I may show thee the word of God.” (I Samuel 9:27)

Samuel the Prophet had just finished telling Saul, the son of Kish, that he was going to be king over Israel. Just before Samuel anointed Saul with oil Samuel had Saul to send his servant away. Then next came our text.

We get awfully busy in our lives today, running here and there. We go and go and go. I have thought that I might meet myself coming back from going. It seems we find the time to do everything except hearing what God is saying to us in His word.

We must get back to the simple, “thus saith the Lord,” believe it and practice it. An old song says, “Take time to be holy, speak oft with the Lord; spend much time in secret, with Jesus alone…”

No comments:

Post a Comment