Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Enough

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalm 23:1)

A pastor was in his study at church late one Friday afternoon, putting the finishing touches on his sermon for Sunday. The custodian not only cleaned the building but also was responsible for manually changing the big sign out front. He always posted the pastor’s Sunday sermon on Friday.

The custodian asked the busy pastor, “What is the title of your sermon for this Sunday?”  Without looking up the pastor said, “The Lord is my Shepherd.” After a brief pause the custodian asked, “Is that all?” Again without looking up, the pastor said, “That’s enough.”

When the pastor drove into the church driveway Sunday he was surprised to see posted on the big sign out front the title of his sermon, “The Lord is My Shepherd and That’s Enough.”

The pastor thought in his heart, “The custodian said more with his mistake than I could have said in the rest of the sermon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment