Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Rest of the Story

“Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me…” (I Kings 10:7)

Since I was in the first grade of elementary school I had seen pictures of the giant Red Wood trees in California. Finally, about twenty-five years ago I was preaching in California. My host pastor took my wife and me to the Muir Woods. There they were; those huge Red Wood trees, about which I had read and seen in pictures. The half had not been told me.

I have attempted to comfort people in funerals by bringing a Biblical message about heaven. My limited vocabulary is inadequate to describe it. I can imagine many of those family members who followed their loved ones later, saying when their eyes open in heaven: “the half was not told me.” Or, when you and I see Jesus, the Son of God, the Savior, for the first time exclaiming, “What I heard and believed was true and the Bible gives many wonderful descriptions of the precious Lamb of God, but the half was not told me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment