Monday, April 23, 2018

I Know Whom I have believed

“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.” (II Timothy 1:12)

This is Paul’s last letter. It was written to Timothy from jail just before his martyrdom. He reminds Timothy in verse eleven that God had appointed him to be a preacher, an apostle and a teacher of the Gentiles. That three pronged appointment had gotten him hot water many times. But, he says, I am not ashamed.

He had placed his faith in Jesus. He knew Jesus, on a personal level. He had committed his soul to the Lord for his safe keeping and he was persuaded that the Lord could and would keep him both now and as he went through death’s door. That commitment is somewhat like a deposit one makes at a bank. The bank keeps it in safe keeping until we need it.

Have you committed your soul to the Lord Jesus for safe keeping for now and eternity? You need to take care of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment