Monday, February 5, 2018

Pray for those in Authority

“I exhort therefore, that first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty” (I Timothy 2:1-2)

Let’s face it; not all politicians keep all their promises they made before they were elected to public office. The Bible does not tell us to pray only for honest leaders and the leaders we like and admire. We must pray even for those in a political party different from ours.

I am reminded of the little girl who was saying her bed time prayers. She stopped, looked heavenward and said, “God, will you excuse me while I knock the daylights out of my ornery little brother?”

God desires that we include in our prayers the mayors, sheriffs, policemen, military personnel, members of congress, Supreme Court justices, president, vice president and all others in authority. I believe we need to pray for other leaders around the world in other countries whether or not we like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment