Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Confessing Christ before Men

“Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on Him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.”(John 12:42-43)

With the amount of evidence we have concerning the person of Jesus, it seems unthinkable for someone to deny Him. Various reasons are given for not confessing Him. In our text, as well as other places in John’s Gospel, the reason given is that they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Jesus gives a warning for such a position. He said, “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32-33)

We should confess Him before men with our lips, our lives and expressions of love for Him. Let people know that you believe on Jesus and that you are not ashamed of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment