Friday, February 16, 2018

Our God:Up Close and Personal

“…For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13)

Our God is not just a “God who doesn’t care, who lives away out there.” He is our God up close and personal. When we come to Jesus in repentance and faith He comes to live within us. From within He gives us the desire to do His will. He gives us the “want to” to do His will. With the “want to” we may question how we can ever do His will. Then we discover that He has given us the “how to” along with the “want to.”

Our Savior said, “…for without me you can do nothing.” (John 5:5)  Then we find that, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)

Without Christ inside we are like an empty glove, unable to do anything. With Christ inside we are like a glove with a hand inside calling the shots.


The secret is found in the little chorus: “Into my heart; into my heart: come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Come in today; come in to stay: Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment