Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Superman?

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)

You and I cannot, “leap tall buildings in a single bound, see through solid brick walls, become stronger than a locomotive, and without an airplane, fly faster than a speeding bullet,” all traits attributed to “Superman” of comic book fame. Our text, taken out of context, would seem to say that.

In its context the verse is saying that through the power of Jesus Christ we can live the Christian life and that through Him we can do all He calls on us to do.

Jesus said in our text from yesterday, “Without me, ye can do nothing.” (John 15:5)

Jesus Christ makes the difference in whether we can or cannot live the Christian life in this increasingly sinful world. If you are still trying to live without Christ I strongly encourage you to repent of your sin and receive Him by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment