Monday, February 13, 2017

Reporting for Duty

“…Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?” (Acts 9:6)

Only those who are concerned with the “Lordship” of Jesus Christ will ask the above question. To be honest, most people are not at all interested in what God thinks or desires.

Look at the drug culture with younger and younger children becoming hooked on drugs. Alcohol consumption is a disgrace to a so-called civilized society. With the exception of some “mega-churches” church attendance is declining or has plateaued.

The guiding philosophy of professing Christians should be, “Lord, what do you want me to do?” That should by no means be a rhetorical question. It should be, “God, I want to please you and I want to know what you want so that with your help I can be about doing it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment