Thursday, February 9, 2017

He’s Still Working on Me

“The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.” (Psalm 138:8)

One thing I know for sure is that I am not perfect. But, another thing I know for sure is that God, who is still working in my life, will not cast me aside. He will continue working on me until He has made me perfect.

When will that happen? If I read my Bible correctly, His finished work of perfection will be complete when I stand in His presence, absent from the body and present with the Lord.

The psalmist appealed to God that He would not forsake the work of His hands. Whether or not we make the same appeal, He will not quit working on His children until he has finished what He started. We can be confident with Paul the Apostle, “Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Philippians 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment