Monday, February 6, 2017

When We See Jesus

“I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.” (Job 42:5)

We can only imagine what it will be like to see Jesus for the very first time. We, like Job, have heard about Him. In addition we have heard about His nail pierced hands, His spear pierced side and the scars of the thorns in His brow, all His payment for our sins.

I think of the song, “When We All Get to Heaven,” and the phrase which says, “When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory.”

Fanny Crosby, the blind hymn writer who wrote more than six thousand hymns wrote, “I shall know Him by the print of the nails in His hands.” She once said, “I have the advantage over sighted people because the first thing I will see will be my Savior.”

I have heard of Him. I trust Him. I tell others about Him. I talk to Him in prayer. I have never seen Him but one day I will. What a day of rejoicing that will be for all saved people.

No comments:

Post a Comment