Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jesus is Alive and Well

“Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.”
(Psalm 71:9)

Friends and family may forsake us when we get old. As a matter of fact, as I observe the obituaries in the daily paper I notice the names of friends and acquaintances who through no fault of theirs have gone on and I feel somewhat forsaken because of their departure.

But my Savior is alive and well. His name will never appear in the obituary column. His promise to never leave me nor forsake me will always stand.

It was to folks of all ages in the church of Ephesus that Paul gave his instruction, “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might…” The psalmist did not say, “Forsake me not “IF” my strength fails.” He said, “Forsake me not “WHEN” my strength fails.”  It is a given that as we get older our strength will fail. Regardless of our age we will always need the strength of the Lord to live the Christian life. Just trust Him to be with you, giving you the strength needed for every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment