Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Safe in the Arms of Jesus

“Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.” (Psalm 71:3)

Old people need to feel they are safe and secure. The resources of health, wealth, friends and often family are gone. The aged feel vulnerable. They are in the hands of people they may or may not know.

The psalmist is making a worthy plea asking God to be his place of refuge. The commandment to save this aged psalmist had been made by God Himself. His confession is that God is his rock and fortress.

I think of the old hymn which says, “Rock of Ages, cleft for me; let me hide myself in thee.” There is no better place to hide from the storms of life regardless of one’s age than in, “the cleft of the rock.”

No comments:

Post a Comment