Saturday, February 18, 2017

In the Time of Old Age

“Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.”
(Psalm 71:9)

If I could gather all elderly Christians together as a group and were given the opportunity to preach to these old saints, I would preach from this seventy-first Psalm.

When we are experiencing the problems associated with old age it is wonderful to know that God will not cast us off as useless and of no value to Him. Recall as far back as your memory will allow you to travel and you will not be able to think of a single time He has forsaken you.

It is not our physical or mental strength that sustains us in old age. It is the strength of the Lord. As verse sixteen says, “I will go in the strength of the LORD God.” The same God who sustained us in youth will sustain us in old age. Only now we recognize His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment