Monday, December 1, 2014

Perfect Peace

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusts in thee." (Isaiah 26:3)

In a chorus that we sang many years ago were the words. "I have the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart" and that would be repeated.  Then the next verse said, "I have the peace that passes understanding down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart..." It was a fun chorus and very true. Philippians 4:7 says "And the peace that passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."


The key to perfect peace is pointed out in many places in the Bible. It is summed up in Isaiah 26:3 shown above. Keep your mind, heart, life and your very being firmly fixed on Jesus.  In the bad times as well as the good times stay focused on Him. And even if your faith falters, He still keeps His promise to never leave you nor forsake you. That's not just peace: that's perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment