Friday, September 15, 2017

Transgressors

“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.” (I John 3:4)

We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. None of us have kept the law of God perfectly. The Bible says, “The law was added because of transgression…” (Galatians 3:19) Before the law was given mankind could perhaps claim perfection, not having the law spelled out to him. Man can claim sinlessness but his claims do not match his life. Man was given the law to show us how exceedingly sinful we are and how desperately we need a Savior.

We are not saved by the keeping of the law of God and neither are we kept saved by keeping the law. The Bible says, “I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” (Galatians 2:21) 

One song of recent years says, “I’m just a sinner saved by grace, when I stood condemned to death, He took my place…”

No comments:

Post a Comment