Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Consider Calvary

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.” (I John 3:16)

This verse should remind all of us of Calvary where our Savior died. I think of the six mock trials of Jesus, three before the Romans and three before the Jews. I think of the injustice. It reminds us of the release of Barabbas, a murderer, letting him go free and then the scourging of Jesus, ordered by Pilate. I think of the crown of thorns, of the nails in His hands and feet and the breathing of His last breath.

Jesus said, “This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for his friends.” ( John 15:12-13)

Consider Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment