Sunday, September 24, 2017

Do I Love Everybody?

“We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.” (I John 3:14)

There is more to loving our brothers or people in general than not inflicting pain upon them. I have heard it said, “I love everybody. I’ve never harmed anyone. I wouldn’t hurt a flea.”

What if God had said, “I love everyone. I have done no harm to mankind. I think that’s enough.” Where would that have left you and me?  But God loved us so much that He “gave His only Son…” He demonstrates His love for us. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8 NKJV)

The Bible says, “…See that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.” (I Peter 1:22) Godly, Biblical love is demonstrated by actions toward others; it is more than simply an absence of doing evil to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment