Saturday, September 23, 2017

If the World Hates You

“Marvel not my brethren, if the world hates you.” (I John 3:13)

It is beyond our comprehension that in the United States of America with its hundreds of churches and the freedom to worship as we please that there are people around the world whose lives are threatened because they express faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Many are separated from their families because they have become believers in Christ. Christians must gather in secret to worship the Lord.

Jesus said, “If the world hates you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.” (John 15:18) Abel was the first in a long line of martyrs because they were hated for their faith.

If you went from America to one of those countries which prohibit worship of the Lord Jesus what would you do? Would you be faithful to Jesus or would you “hide your light under a basket?”

Some of my readers follow Christ in areas that are hostile to Christians. Most of my readers and I may worship and serve the Lord freely and without fear. May God help us to make good use of our opportunities to worship and to be bright and shining lights in a very dark world.

No comments:

Post a Comment