Monday, September 4, 2017

Inseparable

“Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.” (I John 2:23)

When my wife and I moved into the parsonage of our first church one of the farmers said, “Now, you feel free to go to my milk barn and from the refigerated milk tank help yourself. You may skim some cream off the top. Or, you may open the valve near the bottom of the tank if you want milk only. But, if you want milk and cream turn on the agitator a few minutes and lit it mix the milk and cream together. Help yourself.” That was a very generous offer which we deeply appreciated.

We may separate milk from cream, or wheat from chaff, but the Bible indicates that the Father and Son are inseparable even though there are folks who claim they love the Father but not the Son, or they love the Son but not the Father. Jesus made the statement, “I and my Father are one.” (John 10:30) He told Philip, “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.” (John 14:9)

Part of the charges that were laid against Jesus and resulted in His crucifixion was that He made Himself equal with God.

“Oh, precious cross, Oh, glorious crown! Oh, resurrection day! When Christ the Lord from Heaven comes down, and bears my soul away!”

No comments:

Post a Comment