Monday, September 12, 2016

No Greater Joy

“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” (III John 1:4)

John the Apostle received word concerning the faithfulness of Gaius and then let him know in a letter that he had no greater Joy than to hear that his children walked in truth.

I, too, rejoice when I hear of the continued faithfulness of believers to whom I have been privileged to minister.

But there is an even greater joy for me and other Christian parents and that is to know that our earthly children are saved, exemplify Christian traits and lifestyles and to continue to walk with Jesus and to be active in the Lord’s work in a local church.

I say with the beloved, aged apostle John that I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment