Saturday, September 3, 2016

Are You Glad When You Are Invited to the House of the Lord?

“I was glad when they said unto me, ‘Let us go into the house of the LORD.’”
(Psalm 122:1)

There is a difference in saying, “I have to go to church tomorrow,” and saying, “I get to go to church tomorrow.” “I have to go,” almost sounds as if going to church is a dreaded duty that is done with some reluctance, like taking a dose of very bitter medicine. “I get to go,” sounds like a privilege that is not afforded to many in other lands, in hospitals, nursing homes and care-givers waiting on the sick and shut-in.

“I get to go to church,” is anticipation of something good, exciting, comforting and enjoyable. I get to go to church and worship the Lord, fellowship with fellow believers and be encouraged by the message, the singing and the praying. What a joy and privilege.

Tomorrow is Sunday, a day set aside for worship in many churches and for many people. Will you “have to go to the house of the Lord tomorrow?” or will you “get to go to the house of the Lord tomorrow?”

Much depends on your attitude about the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment