Thursday, September 29, 2016

Don’t be Duped by the Devil

“The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.” (Psalm 10:4)

One of my acquaintances responds to the Biblical Gospel message by saying, “I’m alright. Don’t worry about me. If so-and-so makes it to heaven I will too.” His pride tells him that he is alright without God.

The Psalmist went so far as to say that “God is not in all the thoughts of the wicked.” The New American Standard translation of this portion reads, “All his thoughts are, there is no God.”

He has become his own god. He has been duped by the devil. He is correct when he says, “If I go to hell I’ll have plenty of company,” because, “wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.” (Matthew 7:13)

Admit you need God and repent of your sins and trust the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment