Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Praise God for His Grace

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. (I John 5:18)

Joining a church, being baptized, giving to the church and to charitable organizations are not the same as being born again. Being born again is a work of grace, done to the sinner by the Holy Spirit and brings changes inwardly that are manifested outwardly. He does not continue in the habit of sin, even though he is capable of sinning.

The late, Adrian Rogers said, “I sin all I want to. In fact, I sin more than I want to. I don’t want to sin at all but in this old body of clay I do sin. But the Lord keeps me and forgives me.” If we are not born again we cannot truthfully make such a claim. Praise God for His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment