Thursday, November 16, 2017

My Best Friend

“…There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24)

There were three of us boys. I was in the middle. They not only were my brothers, they were my friends. I wanted to do everything my older brother did. My younger brother wanted to do everything I did. We were able to play a little music together and sometimes did some singing.

They are both gone now and I miss them tremendously. But my friend Jesus, the Son of God, has made me a promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me. My brothers could not be with me all the time, but Jesus has no such limitations.

I had two wonderful brothers and I have had some real good friends. But the dearest of all to me is my Savior who loved me and gave Himself for me at Calvary.

No comments:

Post a Comment