Monday, September 15, 2014

Words of my mouth, meditation of my heart

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in 
thy sight, Oh Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14) 
 
From the words we hear from the mouth of the average person on the street 
today there is not too much concern for what is being said.  Only after 
one's attitude toward God matches the attitude the Psalmist had toward God 
will we change to speak wholesome words.  Not only was the Psalmist 
concerned about his speech, he was concerned about the meditation or 
thoughts of his heart.  The Bible says that God knows our thoughts "afar 
off."  What do you think about? 

He saw God as his Lord, his very master. God was supreme in his life.  Not 
only that, but God was his strength.  He saw himself as unable to function 
without God in his life.  God was his refuge and strength, a very present 
help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)   The Psalmist said also that God was his 
redeemer.  

Is the God of the of the universe your Lord and master?  Is He your 
strength?  Is he your redeemer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment