Wednesday, September 17, 2014

When We See Jesus

An elderly lady I was ministering to in our church knew she was dying of
cancer. I had been with her at the death of her husband. I had visited her
in the hospital when she had by-pass surgery. She had asked me on different
occasions what I thought heaven would be like. Answering as best I could
from the Bible she always seemed satisfied. On this occasion her question
was, "I wonder what Jesus will look like." It was a good question and again
all I had was God's Word. Although any response would have been inadequate,
he was satisfied.

Peter mentions in his first letter, "...at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
whom having not seen, ye love; in whom though now ye see him not, yet
believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory." (I Peter1:7-8)

Have you seen Jesus? I haven't. But we love Him.

A week after the resurrection of Jesus Christ He appeared the second time to
His disciples. Jesus showed Thomas, the skeptic, His hands and His side
with the invitation to "Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and
reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but
believing. And Thomas answered and said unto Him, 'my Lord and my God.'
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed:
blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (emphasis mine)  

Until we see Him we will walk by faith, not by sight. 
But, won't it be wonderful when we see Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment