Tuesday, September 16, 2014

All that's commanded

A few days ago I attended the funeral of a man who had been my friend for 
more than fifty-five years.  I knew him to be a Godly man, a wonderful 
preacher, pastor, evangelist and personal soul winner. The things that were 
said of him in the eulogy were true and appropriate. 

But, as I pondered his life and the lives of other men of God, I began to 
think of the words of Jesus in Luke 17:10: "So likewise ye, when ye shall 
have done all those things which are commanded you, say, 'We are 
unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.'"

None of us have achieved Godliness, Christ-likeness, service, faith or 
dedication beyond what is commanded or expected of us of the Lord.  At the 
Judgment Seat of Christ whatever crowns or rewards have been given us, we 
will humbly cast down at the Savior's feet. (Revelation 4:9-11) 

No comments:

Post a Comment