Saturday, November 5, 2016

Give to God as He Has Given to You

“But who am I, and what are my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? For all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.”  
(I Chronicles 29:14)

King David of Israel and father of Solomon had prepared material for the building of the temple to be finished by Solomon after David’s death. Much more material and labor were needed. The king asked the people, “And who then is willing to consecrate his service to the LORD? (I Chronicles 29:5) The Bible says they gave willingly.

When we are challenged to give an abundant offering to the Lord through the church and we meet the challenge we should give all praise to the Lord.

David acknowledged that everything they gave came from the Lord. You and I would have nothing to give to the Lord on Sunday morning if God had not first blessed us out of His abundance. Let us give to Him as He has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment