Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Commit All to Him

“…I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.” II Timothy 1:12)

God had appointed the Apostle Paul to be a preacher, an apostle and a teacher of the Gentiles. As a result of fulfilling that assignment he went through much suffering and bodily affliction.

But, Paul knew the Lord. He had committed his soul and his eternal safekeeping to the Lord Jesus. He was firmly convinced that the Lord would keep what the old apostle had committed to Him. It was as though he had made a deposit of his total being into the bank of heaven for eternal safekeeping.

I trusted the Lord a long time ago and committed my eternal destiny to Him. You and I cannot keep ourselves saved any more than we can save ourselves. But the Christ who saves us is able to keep us safe.

Commit your soul to Him for salvation now and for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment