Wednesday, October 14, 2015

No Tears in Heaven

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)

As a pastor who has conducted many funerals, I have spent much time in cemeteries, not just ministering to the bereaved, but also observing headstones, their dates and the short notes chiseled in the stones.

Recently I was in a cemetery and saw the monument at the head of a little boy’s grave. I do not know what took the little fellow’s life, but I can imagine the joy that the parents had during his three short years he was with them. I can also imagine the tears of those parents and grand parents when he was taken from them.

Read our text again. In heaven there is no death, or sorrow or pain or tears. As the beloved song says, “What a day, glorious day that will be.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment