Saturday, October 24, 2015

Do You Know God?

“Thus saith the LORD, ‘Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.’” (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

Solomon was known as the wisest man on earth, Paul Anderson was known as the world’s strongest man, and Bill Gates is the world’s richest man according to Forbes Magazine. However, the person who knows God has more to glory in than any of these. He may be illiterate and uneducated or he may be a quadriplegic or he may be penniless, but if he knows the Lord he is wiser, stronger and richer than any of the others if they do not know God.

Little boys were comparing their dads. “My Dad knows the president of the university,” said one. “Well, my Dad knows the governor of our state,” said another. Still another one said, “My Dad knows the president of the largest bank in town.” Finally one little fellow said, “Well, my Dad knows God.” Do you know God? You can know Him. Turn to Him in prayer, faith and sincerity. He is a friend and Savior everyone needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment