Thursday, September 24, 2015

Whatever Happens, Trust God

“Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him…” (Job 13:15)

Very few of us have suffered as Job did. He lost his wealth, his children, followed by his health and all but lost his wife. He did not know the source of his afflictions. His three so-called friends said his afflictions resulted from a sinful deed on his part. Neither Job nor his friends knew that his trials were initiated by Satan.

Though Job did not know why he was enduring such afflictions, he continued to have strong faith in God.

When everything is falling apart around us and it seems there are no satisfactory answers giving us a reason, we can still trust God. An old song says, “My Lord knows the way through the wilderness, all I have to do is follow.” We can say, and mean what we say, “whatever happens, I will continue to trust Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment