Thursday, September 10, 2015

Talk With God in The Mornings

“My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, Oh, LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” (Psalm 5:3)

One’s mind is freshest in the early morning, before the clutter of the day with all its problems has strung its web, like a spider’s web, ready to trap the unwary soul. In the morning with its fresh dew from heaven, when the sun has not hidden behind the clouds of doom and gloom, is a good time to meet the Lord.

I love the relatively new song that says, “In the morning when I rise, in the morning when I rise; in the morning when I rise, give me Jesus.”

A beautiful poem entitled “The Secret,” says, “I met God in the morning, when my day was at its best; and His presence came like sunrise, like a glory in my breast. All day long His presence lingered, all day long He stayed with me and we sailed with perfect calmness o’er a very troubled sea…”

Try meeting God in the early morning as the Psalmist did and as Jesus did. You will enjoy your time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment