Sunday, September 27, 2015

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep…

“He will not suffer (allow) thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” (Psalm 121:3-4)

Following World War Two some young people were listening to a lady who had survived Germany’s bombing attacks of London, England. Every night air raid sirens were sounding all over the city. There were exploding bombs, fires, buildings falling, thick dust and people crying. As the young people listened there came a lull in the conversation. A girl asked, “What did you do? Weren’t you awfully scared?” The lady responded, “No I wasn’t scared. I went to bed and went to sleep. I had read in the Bible where it says God never slumbers nor sleeps. I didn’t see any reason for both of us to stay awake.”

God is constantly watching over us, even when we are asleep and do not realize we might be in danger. Have faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment