Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Walk By Faith

“For we walk by faith, not by sight…” (II Corinthians 5:7)

Fifty-three years ago today a group of ordained pastors and deacons from several churches formed a council at South Campbellsville Baptist Church in Campbellsville, Kentucky. The purpose of their meeting in front of a church house full of Christians was to examine the beliefs, doctrines, morals and qualifications of a twenty-three year old young man who felt the call of God on his life for the gospel ministry.

I was that young man ordained to the gospel ministry that day. I have never felt the call of God on my life more strongly than I do today. It has been a walk of faith and it continues to be, perhaps more so now than it was fifty-three years ago. I still believe today that the call of God is on my life.

My wife, as Abraham’s wife, Sarah, has had strong faith to stand by her man and go into the unknown, assured only by God’s Word, “Lo, I am with you always…” (Matthew 28:20)  She continues to be a very wonderful team-mate.

I share this with you today that you may know the faithfulness of God when you turn loose of the world and step out on His promises. I highly recommend my Lord to you. Walk by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment