Wednesday, April 8, 2015

By The Word of the LORD

“By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.” (Psalm 33:6)

When I stand in my back yard on a clear night and kook up into the heavens I see the glory of God and His creative acts. On those occasions in my mind I can hear the beautiful old song, “How Great Thou Art.”

God stood upon absolutely nothing and spoke the universe into existence. The word, “create” means, “to make something from nothing.” “But,” I hear someone object, “preacher you don’t really believe that, do you?” Just as surely as I am writing these lines, I believe it. The Bible says, “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” (Hebrews 11:3)

Not only did He speak the world into existence, He also has calmed many a troubled soul by speaking peace to them through His precious Word. Let His Word speak to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment